Magical Mexico

Magical Mexico
Image from Dia de los Muertes...click on the pic for more information

Sunday, November 4, 2012

My last day in Oaxaca



Cate left today, heading to Mexico City and then home.  I decided to do a walking tour of some of the churches in Oaxaca.  I popped in for short visits to several churches.  In one, a family was about to have a baptism for their daughter and preparations were being completed.  In that same church, a woman sat behind me, praying and crying softly, clearly needing the solace of the church's ornate and comforting surroundings.

The church pictured is the Church of Santo Domingo de Guzman and I got there just as wedding guests were releasing a flight of balloon doves.  I hung around, shopped around and then got to see the happy couple emerge from the church with all the spectacle of musicians, dancers and paper mache bride and groom leading a processional down the street.  All in a day!


















Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment