Magical Mexico

Magical Mexico
Image from Dia de los Muertes...click on the pic for more information

Saturday, October 27, 2012

I am in colorful, wonderful Mexico City!

Everything went great getting to Mexico.  I am begining to feel the anxiety and travel worry melt away as I do each step of this trip.  I feel safe and confident in getting around Mexico City and have already seen some wonderful sights.  It is a great life lesson, the worry before is so often much worse than doing the thing.  But I have to keep learning that lesson over and over!

Mexico City is huge, 22 million people or more, one of the most populated cities in the world.  It is also huge in area.  Flying into the city you begin to see outlying neighborhoods and barios.  And you keep seeing that, and keep seeing that until finally landing. 

What also begins to be noticable are the colors of Mexico that begin to appear as the plane descends below the clouds and haze.  The pinks, yellows, purples and reds that un-selfconsciously show themselves alongside the neutrals of the modern city.  It is this saturation of color that is part of what I find wonderful about Mexico.  It says to me, yes, we are modern, but we are much more. 

The photos I have included are from my first few hours in Mexico City.  They show the lavish visual treats that are here and are, I have to admit, a bit overwhelming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment